Skip to main content

What is a returning student?

A student that attended CMU/MSC for at least one semester as a degree-seeking student, has earned grade(s), left more than one semester ago and is returning with or without potential transfer credit.

Note: Note: If you previously attended as a concurrent student, you will complete the first-time undergraduate application

Away for one semester? You may not need to apply.

Students only away for one semester (excluding summer) will have a hold on their account. To remove the hold please submit the Stop Out Update Hold form to verify your residency, address and phone number. Please contact the Registrar's Office at [email protected] or at 970.248.1555 with any questions. Registration can be done once all holds have been resolved and a returning student application is not required.

Away for one year or more? Follow the instructions below:

Step 1


  1. Complete the Colorado Mesa University application

    Apply for readmission. Choose the CMU application even if you are pursuing a CMU Tech major.

  2. Do you need to pay an application fee?

    Returning students DO NOT need to pay an application fee.

Step 2

Submit transcripts

Electronic Transcript Services:

If you attended another institution since you last attended CMU, you must request for the official transcripts to be sent to a CMU official or CMU office from your previous institution or an electronic transcript delivery service.

Official transcripts can be sent via electronic delivery service, by email to [email protected] or mailed to:

Colorado Mesa University Admissions Office
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501

  1. Official College Transcripts

    Must provide official transcript directly from every college/university attended, regardless of the type or amount of credit, academic status or time elapsed since credit was earned. CMU utilizes the National Student Clearinghouse to verify that all college transcripts are received for applicants.